Club Expectations and New Member Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Austin Rising Runners. First, no experience is necessary for your child to join. Our coaches are well experienced, knowledgable, and willing to work with any child that is interested in learning. Our coaching staff is comprised of educators, professionals, and seasoned athletes.
We would love for all children to attend practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays, AND attend as many races as possible. The more exposure to an activity, the more success. However, even if your child can only attend once a week, we would happily welcome them to the team. We will provide the opportunity for our children to race at least three times in various events for the fall season and at least five meets (~15 individual races) for the Spring Track season. As a new program we plan on offering a Fall distance/cross country season and a Spring track season. We do not intend to have a traveling team at this time, but will coordinate the necessary arrangements for any athletes that wish to and participate in, and qualify for, regional and national events.
BASIC PROGRAM DETAILS:
Approximate Dates for Seasons:
Spring Season / Outdoor Track
- Season will start March 24th and run through early June
- Practice site is being finalized but will be a track in Northwest Austin (i.e. within a few miles of Anderson Mill/Hwy 183)
- Practices will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7:15pm
- Meets will be in the Greater Austin area with the goal of at least four meets during the season with each child running multiple events at each meet
- Meet schedule will be finalized in early March once all Meet Organizers confirm events
- We welcome all kids aged 5-12 regardless of ability as long as they are willing to try a new sport and can listen to coaches (due to safety concerns of many children utilizing track space we ask that if your child needs additional attention to stay focused and not impede other children that the parent be available at practices)
Fall Season / Cross Country
- September 24-November 9 (National events available if interested in November)
- Practice site in Springwoods Park (9117 Anderson Mill, pavilion next to tennis courts) 6:00pm-7:15pm
- Race calendar is being finalized. Goal is three races on Saturday mornings during the season. All races will be within 10 miles of Austin City limits.
- We will have a small "home meet" to get our kids comfortable with running a XC course,
- A 1k/3k as part of a larger event,
- We will finish the season with the only true XC race for our aged kids in the Austin area (800m/1 mile).
- Tentative Dates: 10/5, 10/19, 11/9
ALL ATHLETES ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND ALL PRACTICE SESSIONS AND COMPETITIONS. PRACTICES ARE HELD ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY FROM 6:00PM-7:15PM. COMPETITIONS ARE HELD ON WEEKENDS. EXPERIENCE IS NOT NECESSARY, BUT OUR PROGRAM REQUIRES A DEDICATED COMMITMENT FROM THE CHILD AND PARENTS. DISTANCE RUNNING IS ACQUIRED THROUGH TIME AND EXPERIENCE, WITH MORE EXPOSURE COMES MORE ENJOYMENT.
REGISTRATION, FEES, PAPERWORK:
New Members-$80 (Includes uniform, insurance, entries for FIRST season if attending events)
Returning Members-Cross Country-$40 (no uniform included)
New Members - $120 for the season (includes uniform, insurance, coaching, entry fees)
Returning Members-Track-~$90 (no uniform included)
All registering athletes MUST submit a legible copy of their birth certificate, parent waiver and information form.
Once season meet schedule is finalized, athletes will then be directed to obtain an AAU or USATF athlete membership prior to the first meet($14-20).
Athletes will receive their uniform at the first practice after registration fees are paid. Fees can be paid in advance by completing the registration forms and contacting email@example.com.
All forms can be found here: Forms